Who We Are
About the Team!
This club is run out of the Camrose-Wetaskwin – Stettler – Lacombe area, and will not take the place of Fall Football (Bantam and High School Football). Rather it will COMPLIMENT a player’s Fall Football experience.
The team will be made up of boys in Grade 9 – 11 from the Battle River School District and beyond. We welcome boys who live along the Battle River i.e.: from communities such as Pigeon Lake, Wetaskiwin, Lacombe, Sylvan Lake, Rocky Mountain House, Ponoka, Gwynne, Hay Lakes, Leduc, Camrose, Round Hill, Stettler, Bawlf, Donalda, New Norway, Viking, Sedgewick, and any surrounding players within their our region.
The Camrose Minor Football Society’s Board of Directors are pleased to announce that Adam Kuntz will be taking over as the new Head Coach for the Battle River Shock Midget Football Club.
Adam Has played at the highest level of university sport and played in the 2017 East West Bowl Allstar game. Adam Has Coached ABC BOWL as the Linebackers coach (where they won over BC 29-22), and has been a Defensive coordinator for Shock in 2018 for the San Diego. Adam will be able to bring a fresh new perspective, full of experience, and excitement to the program. We are very lucky to have him at the helm and the new staff that he brings to the table.
We will continue to have a high level of safety with Charlene Hutchinson as Head Trainer with assistants such as Cheryl Kasur and many more!
COMPETITION HISTORY in CDMFA:
- In 2009, we played in Tier II
- In 2010, we played in Tier I. (Tier I Finalists)
- In 2011, we had 1 team in Tier I & 1 team in Tier II
- In 2012, we played in Tier II
- In 2013, we played in Tier I
- In 2014, we played in the Tier II division (WON tier II)
- In 2015, we played in the Tier I division
- In 2016, we played in the Tier I division
- In 2017, we played in the Tier I division
- In 2018, we played in the Tier I division
- In 2019, WE WILL WIN THE TIER I DIVISION!!!
We have a goal to play at the highest level of competition available to us, and continue to do so year in and year out!
BATTLE RIVER SHOCK FOOTBALL CLUB OBJECTIVES are:
- To Win: Each game, Each week, Each day, & Each rep.
- To have fun and make it a memorable experience!
- Through hard work and dedication, to gain friendships and memories that will last a lifetime.
- Learning the value of cooperation and teamwork, you will experience success in the ultimate challenge of an ‘all out competition.‘
- *Providing lessons that will carry these athletes on to success throughout their lifetime!
BATTLE RIVER SHOCK FOOTBALL CLUB GOALS are:
- To promote the game of Midget Football in North Central Alberta
- To provide a level of football more competitive than High School
- To give Grade 9 players an experience that will prepare them for High School Football
- To prepare Grade 11 players for their senior year and the recruiting process
- To create a football community where players can form friendships with players from other towns and cities
- To ‘Shock’ the city boys!
- To give our athletes more exposure to junior and university scouts on a weekly basis
- To improve your skills & overall understanding of the game of Football for players & coaches
Battle River Shock plays in the CDMFA league. Click HERE to learn more about the CDMFA League. We most of our games in the Edmonton area. Our home field is M. E. Global Athletic Park in Lacombe.
Who to Contact
Head Coach/ Defensive Coordinator